Online US Ham Radio exams coming soon

Online US Ham Radio exams coming soon

What about CANADA 🇨🇦 ?????



https://youtu.be/m_6TW2iOfEQ

Hey all,
I posted a comment in the weekly new license thread about how I just passed my exam via a remote testing experience and am now awaiting my callsign. I got some feedback that some may want a rundown of how that went. So here we go!
I have been studying for my Technician exam for a few weeks now. It's been on my list for a while, but with work slowing down, I had the time to devote and get it done. I have been using https://hamstudy.org/ as my main study source for a while. I was all set to take my exam and got signed up for a session at a local place through AARL. The very next day is when our Governor shut everything down, so the place the exam was going to be at was closed to the public. I could not find any exam sittings that were going to happen. One thing I did find was that a VEC out of Anchorage AK did remote exams. The issue with that is that you needed an in-person proctor who wasn't related to you. Also, that process of applying took many weeks of waiting. Several folks on twitter were essentially talking about how the verbiage of the FFC's license info never said you couldn't do remote testing. Here is a video I saw that got me very interested:
https://twitter.com/lucky225/status/1247160301746655233?s=20
I started following the people who were talking about it on twitter. I randomly asked the guy who posted that video if there was a sign-up sheet or something I could put my name on for remote testing guinea pigs. They said no, but to keep my eyes on the hamstudy.org session lists. No kidding, I checked the list 2 minutes later, and there were remote session opportunities listed. I quickly went to register and was given a spot for the very next day at 6PM local time. I provided my full name, address, and FRN for the registration. The list of sessions can be found at the following link. Note that unless it says it's a remote exam, it is a regular local exam. At the time of writing this post, there are no new remote session opportunities listed yet:
https://hamstudy.org/sessions



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.