The cheap garbage baofengs did more for amateur radio's growth than anything else in the last 10 years

The cheap garbage baofengs did more for amateur radio's growth than anything else in the last 10 years

Obviously just my opinion here. But I see the love/hate relationship with these junker baofengs. I have a few myself, they've been fine. But it's a great way for people to take the tech license, learn where their local club is, and just in general learn about amateur radio.

My buddy, in his 30s, smart guy, has absolutely no clue what a ham radio is or what you do with one. I think the little baofeng army is for guys like that to have an easier path to getting into it, if they choose.

So yeah, that's my defense of the oft maligned baofeng.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.